Friday 1 June 2012

Dropped technology

Well, an interesting thing happened to me this week, and it also ties in with our very common theme of time! My trusty laptop, which is getting elderly & a bit senile, was ok, but it's power cable wasn't. It now only runs for about 40 minutes, so running it without the power plugged in isn't an option. My husband & I debated whether or not we should bother with a new power cable, or get a new computer, but I am really not interested in getting a new one at the moment. So we ordered a new power cable, and waited for it to arrive. So all this week, I have pretty much been sans my computer. I looked on Facebook a couple of times, but couldn't access my emails. And I found I had so much more time to sew! Often, I sit on the sofa, typing away instead of sewing. But it really proved to me that all the "time" I have been seeking was actually here, being frittered away! Well, not all the time I want, but at least a fair amount.
So I have a little challenge for you next week...can you give up an hour a day on the computer, and trade it for an hour of sewing time? What could you achieve in the extra 7 HOURS (!) you will have available to you?  I would particularly love to see photos of what you make, or just a description.
Turn off the computer and get sewing!!
Jo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment