Thursday 19 April 2012

It's back!

I'm so happy to say my beloved sewing machine is back from its service! Have to say, it seems exactly the same, but since it was working fine before, that's probably a good thing. I have missed it enormously. I got busy sewing this afternoon, and completed two projects. I made my daughter a drawstring bag for her laundry, out of part of a fat quarter pack of Melly & Me fabrics, and also a little purse for me, complete with zip, out of a small scrap of favourite fabric. I was quite pleased, as I am a devoted quilter, and haven't done much other sewing.
I will have to take some pictures & post them, or maybe get Kylie & her trusty iPhone to take them for me!
We are quite keen to take up crochet, can anyone help us? Can you recommend a good book/Youtube video/actual person to teach us? Isn't it great that "old-time" crafts are getting so popular again? It would be a pity if we all lose the ability to create & make, using these techniques. It is also fantastic to see the modern twist people are putting on traditional crafts.
Oh, another little triumph today... I had to re-thread my new overlocker. So I followed Kylie's advice, got up, made a cup of tea, drank it, then got back to it. Perfect! Followed the instruction book, and it worked first time. Is there anything tea doesn't make better?
Keep crafting!
Jo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment