Monday 9 April 2012

Did the Easter Bunny find you ??

He sure found us!
He laid out an easter egg hunt and deposited eggs all over the place.. the joy of having kids...

If your easter was anything like mine, it involved so much food and fun you can't begin to count your blessings, I hope it was. It was a lovely time for reflection and development of ideas and a chance to absorb some lovely- arty- crafty inspiration from my new Frankie magazine... I think I might have found my new obsession.

Jo has blogged about her foray into quilting and all things fabric and how her taste and interest has changed as she worked through her projects. So here is my story...

 I have loved sewing since I was a little girl and I used to try to make clothes for my dolls (not very well!), but given that I spent a HUGE chunk of my childhood and early teens in a swimming pool or studying, followed by long distance running (can I include chasing boys here??) and really studying, I never really managed to find the time to sit quietly and sew. I did finish a few cross stitch projects (which my Dad, bless him, still has!) and a pretty satin shrug for my sisters year 12 formal however apart from that I was never as obsessed with fabric as I am now.

I think I can credit my mother in law for actually introducing me to quilting after my first baby was born, however my first few quilts were always finished off by her. My friend Sue really helped me see how many options there were for quilting, however I still felt nervous about buying so much fabric and actually cutting into it! So I stuck with bag making as a more economical easier option.It wasn't until I joined Funky Seeds  in 2009 that I saw how simple and beautiful a quilt could be to make and considered it a possibilty. The girls were so excited by their quilting and fabric I just loved going along to that group.  Jo and I met at Funky Seeds and we have become great friends through our mutual love of fabric and sewing....oh yes and I have now made quite a few quilts, I prefer the 1930's fabrics and fresh colours and I do quite like  precuts - so easy and economical...

We hope you enjoy watching our journey together as the Raspberry Wren grows and changes...

Cheers
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment