Tuesday 1 May 2012

Sewing weather

Well, the Adelaide Hills have turned on some lovely sewing weather today! And I took advantage. It was my first day at home in weeks, just the school run, then all day doing housewifey things. Washing, cleaning, baking, and sewing! I have almost completed the top of my commissioned quilt, just need to find a nice fabric for the border, then that part of it is all done. Plus finished another skirt, another thing to cross out of the order book!
I was thinking about tidying up my sewing corner. It is looking very crowded and cluttered, but how do I make more space? What do you do about all your sewing things? Put them away, in boxes or drawers? Or have everything out, for inspiration? I like a bit of "inspiration", but it can get a bit overwhelming after a while!
What do you want to achieve this autumn? After all my orders are done, I am dying to make a couple of quilts, one from the new Lintott book, and the other an self-designed one. I still have a number of tops that need quilting, but I find them less interesting then the piecing, so we'll see. I think a gal always needs a UFO or two around!
Jo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment